HALL GREEN SURGERY
Dear Hall Green Surgery Patients, their families and carers.
In view of the current ongoing situation in relation to COVID-19 we have been advised to close our doors by NHS England to all patients unless they have been triaged by a clinician and advised to attend the surgery.
We understand this is a very stressful and worrying time especially for our elderly and vulnerable patients.
We want to assure you that YOU are our priority and we are working extremely hard to help you stay safe.
Our front door is locked and we have installed an intercom system for patients who have been asked to attend the surgery by a clinician.
- If you need to see or speak to your doctor or nurse please ring 01695 588848. Our staff will give you a telephone appointment on the day to speak to your doctor or nurse. As well as our telephone consultations our GPs can now do video consultations if they think it’s necessary. If our GP needs to see you they will advise you during the call.
- If you are attending an appointment as advised by our clinical staff, please come to the surgery as normal and ring the door bell and a member of staff will advise you which door to enter through. PLEASE NOTE: You will ONLY be allowed access if you have been advised by a clinician to attend.
- If you need a prescription we can help you in several different ways. You can ring the surgery on 01695 588848/ 01695 588851 and our staff will process your prescription on the phone and send your prescription electronically to the chemist of your choice. You can also email your request through on WELACCG.email@example.com. If you email your request through please make sure you indicate which chemist you would like our staff to send your prescription to.
- If you need to collect a prescription please ring 01695 588851 or 01695 588848 and our staff will advise you how to collect your prescription from your local pharmacy.
- If you require paperwork for referrals/ private work or letters please ring our secretaries on 01695 588846 and they will advise you on how to receive your paperwork. Most paperwork can be emailed however we can also post out any non urgent paperwork or arrange safe collection where paperwork is urgent.
- If you need to drop off paperwork please ring the doorbell and a member of staff will take the paperwork off you: Please note you will not be allowed access to the building and our staff cannot discuss the paperwork with you, if you need to give our staff further instructions please return home and ring the secretaries on 01695 588846
- If you need to drop off a sample please ring the doorbell and a member of staff will take the sample off you: Please note you will not be allowed access to the building and our staff cannot discuss the sample with you, if you need to give our staff further instructions please return home and ring the receptionists on 01695 588848
Please be reassured that we are taking these steps to ensure that ALL of our patients are treated in a safe environment and that our staff are protected to ensure they can continue to look after our patients.
Should you require any further information about COVID-19 Please visit the 111 advice site: https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19
NHS England are writing out to vulnerable patients with advice on staying at home.
The letter advises what action these patients should do protect themselves, or a loved one (if they are being written to as someone who cares for someone from one of the protected groups).
Although the letter may cause concern for the patients who receive it, there is a dedicated Government helpline 0800 0288327 and dedicated website http://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable%20or that patients can contact for further information/queries.
These vulnerable people most at risk from Covid-19 will also receive an SMS message.
In addition to this a sms/ text message was sent out by the UK Government advising everyone about the Stay at Home Rules.
There is lots of advice on our website https://www.hallgreensurgery.nhs.uk/ and the 111 advice site: https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19
With the extra calls coming through dealing with prescriptions, telephone triage , health advise and questions about the recent NHS letters our telephone lines are incredibly busy. We have extra staff on manning our lines and we are all working extra hours/ shifts to deal with all of our patients.
We understand how frustrating and difficult it is when GP surgery lines are busy but please be patient with our staff, we are doing the very best we can. Our staff have the same concerns, vulnerable relatives, child care issues and families to worry about as our patients so we do understand.
Please where you can stay at home. We need to work together to get through this difficult time and every unnecessary trip you take adds to increasing the risks. Our staff HAVE to come to work to provide this essential service so please help us by keeping them safe too.
If you have any worries or concerns about our practice or services please email me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org . I am currently working every day and access my emails from 7am to 11pm so I will respond to you as soon as I can.
Thank you for your patience and support, Please stay safe.
Welcome to Hall Green Surgery Website.
This site is managed by the surgery and we endeavour to keep the information as up to date and as clear as possible. We have our main links across the top of the page that enables patients to use our online services (eg booking appointments) and to find out further information about the services we offer. There are also shortcut buttons at the bottom of this page directing patients to our most frequently used areas of the website.
On the right hand side is all the other extra information we think is useful for our patients; these include ways for patients to feedback their opinions of their experiences with us, read reports on their practice as well as several health information links.
All of the information provided on our website is available in our practice and there is a downloadable Practice Leaflet available to print at the bottom of this page.
Our CQC Ratings: please click on the logo to see our full report.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
HALL GREEN SURGERY PRIVACY NOTICE
The DPO support officer for Hall Green Surgery is Hayley Gidman. Data Protection Officer service for West Lancashire GP Practices is provided by the CSU. Hayley Gidman, the Head of the IG Service.
Please refer to the PRACTICE POLICIES Page for a full list of our policies.
(Site updated 25/03/2020)